Together for Children 2013
The project ‘Together for Children’ was financed by the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through the Romanian Official Development Assistance, and implemented by UNDP – BRC (the United Nations Development Program – Bratislava Regional Centre), and by the partners: World Vision Romania, the Romanian Federation for NGOs for Child (FONPC), NGO Alliance for Children’s Rights Azerbaijan, the Armenian Child Protection Network, the Georgian Coalition for Child and Youth Welfare (GCCYW) and the Moldavian Alliance of Active NGOs in the field of social protection of family and child (APSCF).
The project aimed to contribute to reforming the child protection systems in the partner countries by reinforcing the capacities of child-focused national coalitions of NGOs.
- Create customized advocacy materials for each partner country (including, but not limited to videos, publications, brochures). The advocacy materials reflect concerns which are relevant for all coalition members or from a group that has a clear vision for the advocacy activity to be carried on.
- Organise parliamentary hearings and high-level meetings to advocate for child protection reform. The parliamentary hearings / events are instances to allow the national coalitions to formulate and disseminate their policy positions at the highest possible levels and attract visibility to their causes.
- Organise a 4-day study visit to Romania to discuss regional reforms in the child protection system and share Romanian lessons during this process. At the end of the exchange activities a 1/2-day seminar open to the wider child protection community in Romania was organised to share lessons learned and promote joint advocacy messages.
- Create a mentoring program to share lessons learned during the Romanian transition and EU integration process. The mentoring program was addressed to young leaders in child-focused NGOs in Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and the Republic of Moldova.
- Organise the General Assembly of each national coalition. General assemblies of national coalitions are fundamental instruments in ensuring the coalitions’ good governance, the ultimate decision-making body.