We are commissioning a consultant to facilitate the development of the strategic plan of ChildPact for the next five years (2020-2024). The expected result is a five year strategic plan, including strategic objectives, main activity direction, specific objectives and activities, and success indicators. We are looking for a participatory process that will actively engage our members and main stakeholders in the process.
The planning process is expected to start in November 2019 and finalize in April 2020 after the General Assembly will approve the new Strategic Plan.
The consultant is expected to deliver the following outputs:
- Strategic Planning Methodology
- Summary of key issues, strength and concerns for ChildPact
- Strategic Plan 2020-2024 including strategic objectives, key activity directions, specific objectives and activities, success indicators
Additional outputs may be proposed by the consultant. Please note they are subject to approval of the Steering Committee of ChildPact.
The budget is based on daily fees and is determined by the technical and financial offers received. We estimate 10 days for the completion of the assignment.
Offers may include more or less days. The opportunity will be discussed by the Steering Committee of ChildPact and the total number of days will be adjusted according to the expected deliverables.
The financial offer has to include the total costs of the assignment. The consultant(s) bear the full responsibility for paying the required taxes and social contributions in their country of residence based on the applicable legislation. No additional budget will be provided to cover for any income tax, VAT, or social security contributions.
Travel costs to meet the ChildPact team will be reimbursed or covered directly based on agreement and need.
Consultant(s) will be chosen with the following criteria in mind:
- Experience in similar consultancies, with a focus on networks & civil society development
- Excellent English (writing and speaking), writing skills and facilitation skills
- Ability to translate complex ideas into practical and simple terms
- Knowledge of the ChildPact region (Western Balkans, South Caucasus, Eastern Europe), of child protection reforms, trends and networks in the region
- Knowledge of national, regional, EU and global frameworks that relate to children and of the engagement of state and non-state actors in the implementation of these frameworks
- Comfortable interacting with a broad range of people from different cultures
- Flexibility with regards to deliverables: multiple drafts might be needed before final approval
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently with tight deadlines
- Registration status that allows signing contracts for services and issuing invoices
Offers and Selection Process
Submission of Technical and Financial Offers
Technical and financial offers should be submitted exclusively in English and exclusively by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, October 18th 2019. The package should include the following documents:
- Technical offer (summarizing the proposed methodology; please include reference to how you will ensure the participatory approach and how you will ensure the buy-in of the strategic objectives by the membership)
- Financial offer (including number of days and daily fee: please consider the details under the Budget section above)
- Curriculum Vitae of the consultant or consultants if a team is proposed
- Expression of interest (maximum 1 page, summarizing your interest, motivation and experience that recommends you for the assignment)
Please include ”Offer for the ChildPact Strategic Plan 2020-2024” as the subject of your email.
The full ToR document is available at this link.