Under the project ‘Stronger Networks for Children’, funded by the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through UNDP Regional Centre in Europe and Central Asia, the project partners are commissioning a consultant to help us:
- Determine if our coalitions are healthy, well-functioning, and on track for success;
- Understand the type of improvements that are needed so that we build stronger coalitions.
The consultant is required to:
1. Develop or adapt an instrument to:
- Assess the capacity of child rights coalitions (ChildPact members) from: Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova;
- Collect information about the combined strength of the membership (numbers of children served collectively, number of employees, resources invested in programs, etc.)
- Assess the members’ satisfaction regarding the coalition they are part of.
2. Train and coach (online) a group of national consultants on how the instrument should be used to collect the necessary information
3. Supervise and support the process of data collection at national level.
4. Present the main findings in a final report (15-20 pages).
5. Utilize other methods, according to need.
Outcomes and Outputs
1. A capacity assessment instrument created or adapted for ChildPact’s use
2. A final report on findings (15-20 pages), with a summary of key issues, strengths and concerns
3. A ‘’Lessons learned’’ document (in a form that can be published on ChildPact’s website and other outlets)
4. Other outputs, according to need, proposed by the consultant.
Consultants will be chosen with the following criteria in mind:
- Experience in similar consultancies
- Experience in working with networks / coalitions
- Excellent English (writing and speaking) and an inquisitive mind
- Excellent research and academic writing skills and excellent workshop facilitation skills
- Knowledge of the ChildPact region (South Caucasus, Eastern Europe), of child protection reforms, trends and networks in the region
- Flexibility with regards to deliverables: multiple drafts might be needed before final approval
Application and Budget
The budget is 1800 USD. To apply for this consultancy, please send the following documents to Cristina Negoiescu (email@example.com), before September 5, 2015:
- A CV detailing relevant skills in similar assignments with 2 contactable referees (please note that the reputation of the consultant might be checked by contacting the referees and other persons, as deemed appropriate by the selection commission)
- A letter of intent introducing the consultant and information about the implementation approaches (including the number of working days allocated by the consultant, how the effort will be spread during the working days, etc).
- At least one sample of similar work prepared by the consultant
The activities need to start in September 2015 and the final report needs to be delivered in January 2016 at the latest.
To find out more about this call, please download this Terms of Reference (ToR).